We are looking for amazing people to join our team
Kilt Farm is an incredible place to work. We grow the best food in Boulder County and focus on the health and wellbeing of the land, our plants and our people. We work hard Monday through Friday and send our food to restaurants, grocery stores, and our csa members through out Boulder/Denver Metro Area, and Fort Collins.
In order to make the magic happen, we first build a strong team. All of our employees have a commitment and passion to grow and deliver the highest quality food possible. We work as a team throughout the season to get the job done. Our CSA is unique as we were the first farm in Colorado to offer a fully customizable CSA. We now serve e over 300 families at pick up sites and home delivery through out Boulder County.
Pack and Wash House Lead is responsible for leading and overseeing the daily wash, processing and package of our certified organic produce. This includes managing and working daily with the farm crew consisting of full and part-time employees, and volunteers to insure that all food is properly washed, packaged and stored in our facilities. This position will also oversee the the packing for distribution to our grocery, restaurant and CSA customers. In addition to overseeing the Pack and Wash House, possible work may include field work, seeding, transplanting, hand and mechanical cultivation, harvests and other tasks as necessary.
Roles of Pack and Wash House Lead
- Manage all aspects of post harvest wash and pack from start to finish including training and delegating staff to ensure efficient flow of product from field to storage to distribution.
- Ensures that the Wash and Pack facility is clean and sanitized through out the work flow.
- Coordinates with farm manager to create and print pack list at start of day.
- Trains employees in proper wash, packaging, labeling and storage standards (in accordance with Organic certification) and ensures that all standards are followed daily.
- Responsible for adequate record keeping of post harvest amounts, shortages, fulfilling orders, labeling, organizing and maintaining cleanliness, in pack house and walk ins.
- Insures rotation, labeling of product in walk ins in accordance with Organic Certification.
- Oversees and works in coordination with driver and pack house staff to load truck.
- Ensures at end of day pack house is clean and all items are stored properly
- Oversees proper record keeping in accordance with Organic Certification.
Successful Pack and Wash House Lead applicants will be passionate about organic certified commercial vegetable production, have a minimum of two years previous farm experience with previous management preferred. Computer literate in various applications and willingness to master our record keeping software. Previous experience must include a minimum of two full seasons of fieldwork on a farm with cultivating, seeding, transplanting, irrigation, harvesting, and post-harvest handling experience. The successful applicant will have the physical ability to work outside daily in all weather conditions including rain, snow, summer heat of 90-100 degrees, stand for long periods of time, an ability to lift 50 pounds regularly. Qualified candidates are positive, emotionally mature, strong role models and leaders.
This is a full time seasonal position that will run from late March till early November. The salary range is $14-$18 an hour depending on experience
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Cover letter sharing why you are excited about agriculture what your qualifications are for this position.
- Resume listing agricultural experience and past employment